We represent people in the Communications and related industries working in and around the Merseyside and South West Lancashire area. We have members employed in companies such as BT, O2, Royal Mail and Parcelforce as well an active retired members section.
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) is the biggest union for the communications industry in the UK with 250,000 members. It was formed in January 1995 when the Union of Communication Workers joined forces with the National Communications Union.
The CWU's Statement of Values aims:
- to provide first class collective and individual representation for all CWU members;
- to achieve security of employment for all members;
- to offer individual membership services of the highest quality;
- to expand trade union membership throughout the communications industry;
- to promote, by industrial and political means, the success of the industries in which our members work
- to campaign against all forms of discrimination
- to further these objectives by promoting the influence of the union throughout the national and international community